RAINBOW : Sensor-based and interactive robotics
The long-term vision of the Rainbow team is to develop the next generation of sensor-based robots able to navigate and/or interact in complex unstructured environments together with human users.
We aim at tackling these general scientific challenges:
- high-level of autonomy for complex robots in complex (unstructured) environments;
- forward interfaces for letting an operator giving high-level commands to the robots in simple ways; backward interfaces for informing the operator about the robot ‘status’;
- user studies for assessing the best interfacing depending on the particular task/situation.
The applications targeted by research activities involve:
- remote manipulation with single/multiple arms under the guidance of a human operator;
- coordination of single/multiple mobile robots for spatial navigation tasks (e.g., exploration, navigation, mapping);
- medical robotics for semi-autonomous probing and intervention;
- assistive mobility devices for frail or impaired people.
Fait suite à l'équipe LAGADIC.