Nov 29th – Dec 3rd at IRISA in Rennes,
in Inria conference center.
Unlimited participants over the FREE LIVE STREAM via YouTube and LinkedIN
- Keynote Live Streams via YouTube
- Questions via chat
40 participants ON SITE that will have the full experience (venue tbc)
- Keynotes and Talks live
- Poster session participation for networking with other PhD candidates
- Networking Events
The Internet of Things (IoT) connects a plethora of devices. It allows programmers to interact with the physical environment. This brings many fascinating challenges and opportunities but also risks.
In our summer school we will introduce you to the fascinating world of the Industrial Internet of Things, the IoT that makes factories run. You will learn about many different aspects from device manufacturing over communication protocol and semantics to application management.
This year’s edition has the title “IoT meets Cyber“. Software drives the critical infrastructures around us like water or energy supply, communication, transportation, banking, production, or health care. This year’s edition focuses on different aspects of the software cyberspace, including cybersecurity.
The Future-IoT.org PhD school series happens ones a year since 2018. The previous editions are “IoT meets Industry (2018, St Malo)”, “IoT meets AI (2019, Munich)”, “IoT meets Security (2020 in the cyberspace)“.
The series is organized by IMT Atlantique* and Technical University of Munich as a flagship event of the German-French Academy for the Industry of the Future. The French-German series is kindly supported by the Deutsch-Französische Hochschule / Université Franco-Allemande.
Future-IoT.org connects academia and industry. Therefore, the series is in collaboration with leading industry partners from France and Germany including Airbus, ArianeGroup, Atos, AWS, elm.leblanc, Siemens, and several other industrial partners.
The Future IoT summer school offers an exciting mix of lectures, hands-on tutorial, and hackathon challenges. There is also a lot of room for getting to know each other, networking, and exploring our hosting city!
- 40 students from all over the world connecting to each other and working on real challenges
- ~60 online participants
- Live Streaming over YouTube and LinkedIN
- ~11 Keynotes and lectures from top industrial and academic experts
- ~10 exciting challenges you will work on in teams of 4 coming directly from our industry partners in our startup hackathon
- 2 city tours with dinners
- 1 secret fun event with dinner
- 1 hacking night with games and pizza
- 1 pitch event in front of our expert jury on Friday with prizes!
- Direct contact to key people of the participating companies
- A unique location with excellent food
- Multiple organized events to get to know our hosting location.
Marc-Oliver Pahl, Ph.D., IMT Atlantique, France (Expert Cybersecurity), member of OCIF research team
Nicolas Montavont, Ph.D., IMT Atlantique, France (Expert Wireless Communications, IoT), responsible of OCIF research team