Name: James Richard Heron STEEL
Curriculum Vitae: [pdf]
Prior to coming to France, I spent 4 years as a Research Scientist at the Distributed Systems Technology Centre (DSTC), in Brisbane, Australia. While there I worked on various modelling and metamodelling projects, including notation generation, enterprise modelling and model transformation.
I am available for employment from May 2007, and would welcome offers of interesting post-doctoral or full-time research positions.
International Journals and Book Chapters
- Jim Steel & Jean-Marc Jézéquel. On Model Types, International Journal of Software & System Modeling (SoSyM). Springer-Verlag. To appear.
- Keith Duddy, Anna Gerber, Michael J. Lawley, Kerry Raymond & Jim Steel. Declarative Transformation for Object-Oriented Models, In Transformation of Knowledge, Information, and Data: Theory and Applications, P. van Bommel (Editor). Idea Group Publishing. 2004.
International Conference Papers
- E. Brottier, F. Fleurey, J. Steel, B. Baudry & Y. Le Traon. Metamodel-based Test Generation for Model Transformations: an Algorithm and a Tool. In Proc., 17th Intl Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering (ISSRE 2006). Raleigh, USA. November, 2006.
- J. Steel & J-M Jézéquel. Model Types for Improving Reuse in Model-Driven Engineering. In Proc., 8th Intl Conference on Model-Driven Engineering, Languages and Systems (MoDELS 2005). Montego Bay, Jamaica. October, 2005.
- J. Steel & M.J. Lawley. Model-Based Test Driven Development of the Tefkat Model-Transformation Engine. In Proc., 15th Intl Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering (ISSRE 2004). St Malo, France. November, 2004.
- K. Duddy, A. Gerber, M.J. Lawley, K. Raymond & J. Steel. Model Transformation: A declarative, reusable patterns approach. In Proc., 7th Intl Enterprise Distributed Object Computing Conference (EDOC 2003). Brisbane, Australia. September, 2003.
- D. Hearnden, K. Raymond & J. Steel. MQL: a Powerful Extension to OCL for MOF Queries. In Proc., 7th Intl Enterprise Distributed Object Computing Conference (EDOC 2003). Brisbane, Australia. September, 2003.
- D. Hearnden, K. Raymond & J. Steel. Anti-Yacc: MOF-to-Text. In Proc., 6th Intl Enterprise Distributed Object Computing Conference (EDOC 2002). Lausanne, Switzerland. September, 2002.
- A. Gerber, M.J. Lawley, K. Raymond, J. Steel & A. Wood. Transformation: The Missing Link of MDA. In Proc., 1st Intl Conference on Graph Transformation (ICGT 2002). Barcelona, Spain. October, 2002.
- J. Steel & K. Raymond. Generating Human-Usable Textual Notations for Information Models. In Proc., 5th Intl Enterprise Distributed Object Computing Conference (EDOC 2001). Seattle, USA. September, 2001.
Peer-Reviewed International Workshop Papers
- M.J. Lawley & J. Steel. Practical Declarative Model Transformation with Tefkat. In Proc., Satellite Events at the MoDELS 2005 Conference. Montego Bay, Jamaica. October, 2005.\
- F. Fleurey, J. Steel & B. Baudry. MDE and validation: Testing model transformations. In Proc. of the SIVOES (Specification, Implementation and Validation Of Embedded Systems)-MoDeVa (Model Design and Validation) Workshop. Rennes, France. November 2004.
- J. Steel & J-M Jézéquel. Typing Relationships in MDA. In Proc., 2nd European Workshop on Model-Driven Architecture: Methodologies and Transformations. Kent, United Kingdom. September, 2004.
- K. Duddy, M.J. Lawley, K. Raymond, J. Steel. Modelware for Middleware. In Proc., 1st Workshop on Model-Driven Approaches to Middleware Applications Development (MAMAD 2003). Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. June, 2003.
- J. Steel. A Textual Notation Generator for MOF Models. UML in the .com Enterprise: Modeling CORBA, Components, XML/XMI and Metadata Workshop. Palm Springs, USA. November, 2000.
- Object Management Group (OMG). Human-Usable Textual Notation, V1.0. OMG Document No. formal/2004-08-01.
- J. Steel. Generating Human-Usable Textual Notations for Information Models. Honours Thesis, University of Queensland. October, 1999.
Last modified 16.02.2007 11:32 AM