- The ReMIX project aims to design an original memory
architecture for both storing very large indexed data
structures, and allowing fast information retrieval.
- The ReMIX project combines two technologies:
- FLASH memories: to provide a large data capacity together with a fast access
- FPGA devices: to tailor indexing search to the memory
- Applications focus on content-based search, especially in
the field of genomics, images ant text processing.
- A ReMIX system of 512 Gbytes of FLASH memory has been built. 8 RMEM
boards of 64 Gbytes each are plugged into a 5 node cluster.