Directeur de Recherche / Senior Research Scientist, INRIA
Centre de Recherche INRIA Rennes - Bretagne Atlantique,
|Publications||complete list of publications|
|Teaching and presentations||Master M2RI, Université Rennes I||Selected talks and tutorials
|Matching Pursuit Software||MPTK (The Matching Pursuit Toolkit)||LastWave (Matching Pursuits package)|
|Source Separation Resources||BSS_EVAL, BSS_ORACLE (BSS Evaluation Toolbox)||BASS-dB (Blind Audio Source Separation Database)|
- Speaker at the Colloquium Rennais des Sciences du Numériques (video), April 17th 2013
- Ngoc Q.K. Duong receives the 2012 Young Author Best Paper Award of the IEEE Signal Processing Society for the paper:
Ngoc Q. K. Duong, Emmanuel Vincent and Rémi Gribonval, "Under-Determined Reverberant Audio Source Separation Using a Full-Rank Spatial Covariance Model", IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing, Volume: 18, No. 7, September 2010
- Opening for a Master 2 internship on "acoustic source localization behind an obstacle".
- Opening for a Master 2 internship on "Etude d’une nouvelle forme d’onde multi-porteuses", jointly with J. Palicot (Supelec)
- Invited speaker at the International biomedical and astronomical signal processing (BASP) Frontiers workshop, Villars-sur-Ollon, Switzerland, January 27 - February 1 2013
- Invited speaker at the Workshop "Sparse Representation of Functions: Analytic and Computational Aspect", Berlin, December 10 - December 14, 2012
- Keynote speaker at the Workshop on Sparsity, Compressed Sensing and Applications, Queen Mary University of London, November 5 2012 (video)
- Workshop on Sparsity, Dictionaries, and Projections in Machine Learning and Signal Processing @ICML 2012, Edinburgh, June 30 2012
- Invited speaker at the SMALL-UnlocX Workshop on Sparsity, Localization and Dictionary Learning, London, June 26-27 2012.
- Invited speaker at the Schlumberger Workshop on Mathematical Models of Sound Analysis (videos), Bures sur Yvette, June 14-15 2012.
- Plenary speaker at the CANUM conference on numerical analysis, Super-Besse, May 25 2012.
- Keynote speaker at the iTwist workshop, Marseille, May 9-11 2012.
- Ngoc Q.K. Duong receives the 2nd Ph.D. prize from the Fondation Rennes 1
I graduated from Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris, in 1997. I prepared my Ph.D. under the supervision of S.Mallat jointly at the Centre de Mathématiques Appliquées of Ecole Polytechnique (with E. Bacry) and at IRCAM, Paris (with X. Rodet & Ph. Depalle). I obtained my Ph.D. degree in applied mathematics from the Université Paris-IX Dauphine in 1999. In 1999-2000 I visited the Industrial Mathematics Institute at the University of South Carolina as a postdoc in the Wavelet Ideal Data Representation NSF/KDI research initiative. In 2000 I joined INRIA as Chargé de recherche at IRISA, Rennes in the SIGMA2 project. Since 2001 I am affiliated with the METISS project on audio signal processing. I obtained my Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches (HDR) in Mathematics from the Université de Rennes I in 2007. Since 2009 I hold a position of Directeur de Recherche (Senior Research Scientist) with INRIA. In 2011 I was awarded the Blaise Pascal Award of the GAMNI-SMAI by the French Academy of Sciences. I obtained in 2011 a Starting Grant from the European Research Council.
MAIN RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Mathematical aspects of signal processing, machine learning and pattern recognition
- Theory and algorithms for sparse representations and nonlinear approximations with redundant dictionaries
- Audio signal processing
- Source localization and separation
- Time-frequency and time-scale methods
- ECHANGE project (2009-2011), funded by the French ANR, on Compressed Sensing of Acoustic Fields
- SMALL project (2009-2011), funded by the EU FP7 FET-Open program, on Sparse Models, Algorithms and Learning for Large-Scale Data
- INRIA-EPFL « Équipe associée » (2007-2009). SPARS: efficient sparse representations for high dimensional signal processing
- Srdan Kitic, Co-sparse wavefield modeling (since 2012)
- Anthony Bourrier, Compressed sensing for large-scale multimedia indexing (since 2011)
- Alexis Benichoux Algorithms for large-scale echoic blind source separation (since 2010)
- Nobutaka Ito Robust microphone array signal processing against diffuse noise (since 2009)
- Ngoc Duong 2011 Full rank Gaussian modeling of convolutive audio mixtures applied to source separation
- Prasad Sudhakar 2011, Sparse models and convex optimisation for convolutive blind source separation
- Boris Mailhé, 2009, Joint sparse modeling of multichannel signals.
- Simon Arberet, 2008, Robust estimation and blind learning of models for audio source separation.
- Alexey Ozerov, 2006, Statistical model adaptation for single-channel source separation. Application to the separation of voice from music in popular songs.
- Sylvain Lesage, 2006, Adaptive representations for signal description, separation and classification.
- Workshop on Sparse Representation and Low-Rank Approximation @NIPS 2011, Granada, December 16/17 2011
- Invited speaker at the Inria Workshop on Statistical Learning, Paris, December 5-6 2011
- 2011 Starting Grant from the European Research Council for
PLEASE: Projections, Learning and Sparsity for Efficient data
processing. Job offers to come, starting early 2012, on statistical
aspects of machine learning and signal processing and their applications
to audio and biomedical data.
- 2011 Blaise Pascal Award of the GAMNI-SMAI, awarded by the French Academy of Sciences. An interview. A one-day event at INRIA. The videos
- Tutorial speaker at MLSS2011. Here is the video.
- Plenary speaker at SPARS11. Here is the video.
- FOCM 2011 (Foundations of Computational Mathematics), Budapest, July 4-6 2011. Together with Guillermo Sapiro and Jared Tanner, I am co-organizing a workshop on "Computational Harmonic Analysis, Image and Signal Processing" .
- Special issue of EURASIP Signal Processing on Latent Variable Analysis and Signal Separation. I was one of the guest editors. Here is the call for paper.
- One-day meeting on multiresolution geometric transforms. Together with Caroline Chaux, I co-organized a one-day meeting funded by GDR ISIS (CNRS), to be held on April 1st, 2011 at Telecom Paristech.
- One-day meeting on Sparsity and statistical learning. Together with Francis Bach, I co-organized a one-day meeting funded by GDR ISIS (CNRS), held on November 10, 2010 at Telecom Paristech.
- LVA/ICA 2010, (9th International Conference on Latent Variable Analysis and Signal Separation, formerly the International Conference on Independent Component Analysis and Signal Separation) was held in Saint-Malo, France, September 27-30 2010.
- SPARS'09 (Workshop on Signal Processing with Adaptive Sparse/Structured Representations) was held in Saint-Malo, France, April 6-9 2009.
- SPARS'05 (Workshop on Signal Processing with Adaptive Sparse/Structured Representations) was held at IRISA, Rennes, France, 16-18 November 2005.
- A special issue on Sparse Approximations in Signal and Image Processing was published in EURASIP Signal Processing Journal in July 2006 (the call for paper was here)
PAST RESEARCH PROJECTS
- HASSIP EU network Harmonic Analysis and Statistics in Signal and Image Processing: Mailing list, HASSIP local page
- MathSTIC CNRS project Sparse and structured approximations for audio signal processing
- GDR ISIS workgroup on resources for audio source separation:
Last modified 08.05.2013 09:22 PM