A toolbox to compute oracle estimators for source separation
BSS_ORACLE is a MATLAB toolbox to evaluate the best performance achievable by a class of source separation algorithms in an evaluation framework where the true reference sources are known.
What it can do / what it cannot do
BSS_ORACLE can only compute oracle estimates when the
true reference sources are known. In no way it
provides a method to separate the sources blindly: it needs to know
the reference sources to select the best separation algorithm (the oracle) within a given class.
- The most recent available version is version 1.0 [Matlab].
It implements oracles for
- stationary filtering (ICA-like algorithms)
- time-frequency masking (DUET-like algorithms)
Examples from our paper  below can be reproduced using the following data and matlab code.
- E. Vincent and R. Gribonval, Construction d'estimateurs oracles pour la sÚparation de sources, to appear in Proc. GRETSI 2005, September 2005, Louvain la Neuve, Belgium.
- E. Vincent and R. Gribonval, BSS_ORACLE Toolbox User Guide, Version 1.0, 2005, [Online http://www.irisa.fr/metiss/bss_oracle/]
Last modified: Mon Sep 05 10:12:22 +0200 2005