| Background and position
| Teaching |
Email : Fabien.Spindler@inria.fr
Address : Inria Rennes - Irisa
Campus de Beaulieu
35042 Rennes cedex - France
Tel : +33 2 99 84 75 10
Fax : +33 2 99 84 71 71
Assistant : +33 2 99 84 22 52
(Hélène de La Ruée)
I graduated from ENI Brest engineer school (specialisation in
electronics) in 1992, and received the Master of Science degree in Electronics and
Aerospace Telecommunication from Supaero in Toulouse in 1993. Since 1994, I
have been working for Inria a public science and technology institution dedicated to computational sciences, as research
engineer, first in the Temis team (1994-1996), then in the Vista team (1996-2003) and since 2004 in
the Lagadic team.
I am in charge of the material and software management of several robotic experimentation platforms dedicated to researches in visual servoing. My interests include software engineering for the design of real-time computer vision and robotics applications. I am the software architect of the open-source ViSP (Visual Servoing Platform) library. I am involved in several national and ANR projects.
Member of the Comité de Centre Inria Rennes - Bretagne Atlantique (since 2009).
Member of the Engineers Evaluation Commission (CEI methods, techniques and
tools) of the French Institute for Agronomy Research -Inra- (2001-2008).
Complete list (with postscript or pdf files if available)
- A. Cherubini, B. Grechanichenko, F. Spindler, F. Chaumette. Avoiding Moving Obstacles during Visual Navigation. In IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, ICRA'13, Karlsruhe, Germany, May 2013.
- S. Ozere, P. Bouthemy, F. Spindler, P. Paul-Gilloteaux, C. Kervrann. Robust parametric stabilization of moving cells with intensity correction in light microscopy image sequences. In Int. Symp. on Biomedical Imaging: From Nano to Macro, ISBI, San Francisco, CA, April 2013.
- P. Corke, F. Spindler, F. Chaumette. Combining Cartesian and cylindrical coordinates in IBVS. In IEEE Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, IROS'09, Pages 5962-5967, St Louis, USA, October 2009.
- E. Marchand, F. Spindler, F. Chaumette. ViSP for visual servoing: a generic software platform with a wide class of robot control skills. IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, Special issue on "Software Packages for Vision-Based Control of Motion", P. Oh, D. Burschka (Eds.), 12(4):40-52, December 2005.
Tools for software development
- F. Spindler. Basic code optimization. Lagadic seminar, Irisa, June 2009.
- F. Spindler. Le processus de développement. Journey about good practices for software development, Irisa, October 2008.
- F. Spindler. CMake; un outil d'aide au processus de développement pour plates-formes hétérogènes. Journey about good practices for software development, Irisa, October 2008.
- F. Spindler. SCM: Source Code Management; CVS - Subversion. Lagadic seminar, Irisa, June 2008.
- F. Spindler. Les outils de test; utilisation de CMake et de Dart. Journey about good practices for software development, Irisa, October 2007.
- F. Spindler. Builds et tests, utilisation de CMake et Dart. Internal seminar, Irisa, November 2006.
- ViSP: a cross-platform object-oriented library dedicated to visual servoing applications
- Motion2D: a multi-platform object-oriented library to estimate 2D parametric motion models in an image sequence
- Md-Shots: a software for temporal video segmentation into elementary shots
- D-Change: a multi-platform object-oriented library to detect mobile objects in an image sequence acquired by a static camera
- D-Motion: a multi-platform object-oriented library to detect mobile objects in an image sequence acquired by a mobile camera
I gave tutorials in computer vision at INSA engineering school (2004-2008) and in software engineering for image processing at the Ifsic engineering school, University
of Rennes 1, DIIC2 INC (2002-2009).