Responsable: Bertrand COUASNON (INSA Rennes)
Description en anglais.
The Media and Interaction Department focuses on one or several medias or modalities, whether (electronic and hand written) text, speech, sound, image or video. Researches are dedicated to analysis, modelling, generation and use aspects. The aim is either at reproducing human behaviour or at enabling interactions with those data and documents that are relevant for humans.
For that, we focus on four challenges and we rely on intensive use of technological platforms:
- Analysis/synthesis synergies: We believe that increasing the synergies between these two scientific fields is the best way to produce new scientific advances. This synergy is helpful for producing new synthetic models and algorithms for credible virtual human based on the observation of individual or crowd real human motion (acquisition for modelling). More, the production of content of multimodal document (repurposing) will rely on extraction and analysing of existing documents.
- Complexity handling and performance management: Facing to the size of problems and to new computer architectures (multi-core and multi-GPU) or systems (clouds), all the proposed algorithms need to be scalable in order to maintain real time response for human interaction compatibility while increasing the multimodal restitution quality (visual, auditive, or force feedback) and while dealing with very voluminous media databases.
- Human behaviour, semantics and cognition: Our work is dedicated to natural interaction and relies on expressiveness and emotional content of artificial data based on human rather than formal semantics. Reproducing and taking into account human in the proposed methods is of first importance.
- Use and interactions: Use and interaction modes have to be imagined to manipulate, query, navigate and enrich all types of information handled by the Media and Interaction Department.
- Technological platforms are proposed within the department. They are the support to test, qualify, optimize and demonstrate the cogency of the proposed methods for natural multimodal interaction.
Rapports d'activités (pdf)
Séminaires/Workshops - Soutenances
Pour obtenir l'historique des séminaires et des soutenances de votre département : consultez la liste des départements